[l2h] Failed to convert image

Gong Cheng gcheng at seu.edu.cn
Thu Feb 16 15:15:48 CET 2006

Hi All,

I can't use latex2html to generate HTML correctly.
Actually everything is OK except for the eps-files.

I tried to convert sample.tex including a figure called picture.eps by \includegraphics. In the pdf-file, I could see the figure correctly. However, I couldn't see the figure (which should be a png-file) in the HTML except for the caption.

But in the output-directory, there was a file called WARNINGS involving such words:
ppmquant is not available; need LaTeX for some image effects
Failed to convert image C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\l2h4084\image001.ps

And while running the latex2html, it said:
Error while converting image
Error: Cannot read 'sample-img1.png': No such file or directory

How can I resolve this ploblem?

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Gong Cheng

Gong Cheng
Southeast University, Nanjing, P.R.China
Phone:        +86-(0)25-83793235
Fax:          +86-(0)25-83794838
E-mail:       gcheng at seu.edu.cn
Address:      Department of Computer Science and Engineering
              Southeast University
              Nanjing 210096, P.R.China