[l2h] Resending...

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Apr 6 01:54:46 CEST 2006

On 06/04/2006, at 9:42 AM, Marcelo Moulin wrote:

> Hi Ross !
>
> Thank you for the quickly answer.

You're welcome.

> On 4/5/06, Ross Moore <ross at ics.mq.edu.au> wrote:

>> Can you post an example of the LaTeX source for this.
>> I don't know how LYX handles hyperlinks, so there is probably
>> just a simple definition required so that LaTeX2HTML will
>> know what is intended.
>
> Yes. I can. :)
> Here is one example using hyperlinks in *.lyx.
>
> \begin_layout Standard
> \begin_inset LatexCommand \htmlurl[Gentoo ]{http://www.gentoo.org/}
> \end_inset
>
> The same text but in *.tex :
>
> \begin{document}
> Gentoo  \url{http://www.gentoo.org/}
> \end{document}

If you add   \usepackage{html}  to  *.tex
then \url should be interpreted correctly.

> In *.lyx format i can found "\htmlurl" and in the *.tex just "\url". I
> used the export from lyx to tex file. Strange?

>>> Another problem concern about two hyphenation symbols together
>>> like :
>>> " -- ". In *.html appears just one of them like " - ".
>>
>> What is the context for this ?

> I'm using "--" because i am writing one "how-to" in which i give some
> examples on how to compile from sources, e.g., how to compile openldap
> from source.
>
> Here i can give to you one example.
> In *.tex:
> \texttt{\#./configure -{}-prefix=/usr/local/opt/ldap/openldap -{}-
> with-wrappers}

This should be done with a {verbatim} environment:

\begin{verbatim}
  #./configure --prefix=/usr/local/opt/ldap/openldap --with-wrappers
\end{verbatim}

Then you don't need -{}- nor \# .
For coding, you just want a verbatim copy of the actual code,
rather than trying to hack to get the appearance in a tt-like font.

> In *.lyx:
> \family typewriter
> #./configure --prefix=/usr/local/opt/ldap/openldap --with-wrappers
> \end_layout
>
> Probably it is something with "{}" .

No. It's a question of usual logical markup which declares the
meaning of the content, rather than visual markup.

LyX should provide you with a way to declare 'verbatim' text.
This will be different from simply setting the font-face.

> Can you help me again ? I don't how to fix these problems.
>
> Thanks in advance !

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au