[l2h] Strange latex2html and bibtex interaction

Jan Tobias Muehlberg muehlber at fh-brandenburg.de
Wed Sep 14 14:27:54 CEST 2005

Hi Ross,

> Hmm. Maybe the 'bbl' extension isn't being accepted as a valid
> name for an input file.

No. It seems that HTML2LaTeX renders a picture from an
\input{<something>.bbl}, at least if it's a small bbl-file. It
fails to render the picture if it's a really big one. The
bibliography I am working on makes up about 400 pages.

> Try setting the  $DO_INCLUDE  Perl variable  (see l2hconf.pm ).
> e.g. [...]

Didn't work. I'have provided a small example.

> Yes, indeed.   Make sure you   \usepackage{html} .
> Then use conditional coding environments: [...]

Thanks for that.

> Sorry I don't have an example easily at hand for testing,
> If the above ideas don't work for you, please send
> a cut-down example which I can work with.

Okay, here we go:

 http://zeus.fh-brandenburg.de/~muehlber/l2h-experiment.tar.gz

It consists of a bibliography with two absurd entries. Each of
them has an abstract (abstract1.tex and abstract2.tex). I have
provided a small .tex file (index.tex), a Makefile to show you
what I am usually doing and the results of the build script on my
system (index.pdf and index/index.html).

Thanks in advance,
J. Tobias

--
"The GNU philosophy is about freedom. To be free one must have
personal power. Personal power is an individual thing, difficult to