[l2h] Fails to number figures: bogus "arguments too complex" erro r.

John Blackburn John.Blackburn at npl.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 11:59:57 CEST 2005

The commands

> \newcommand{\rms}{{\protect\footnotesize rms}\protect~}
> \newcommand{\peak}{{\protect\footnotesize peak}\protect~}

do not work either.

Here is the smallest LaTeX file which shows the bug

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

  \begin{figure}
    \caption{Here is {\protect\footnotesize small} text}
    \label{foo}
  \end{figure}

See Fig \ref{foo}

\end{document}

Error output:

No number for "Hereis<FONTSIZE="-1">small</FONT>text"

Version:

This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2002-2-1 (1.71)

John

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY