[l2h] Fails to number figures: bogus "arguments too complex" erro r.

John Blackburn John.Blackburn at npl.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 13:10:22 CEST 2005

Thanks for that, but \times is not causing the problem, it's ok to leave it unprotected. The only problem is my \rms and \peak commands. If I remove them all is well. I have not come across problems with built in latex commands needing protection.

In fact the problem may not be protection at all by sizing commands such as \footnotesize appearing in captions. See my previous message.

And latex itself has no problems either with $\times$ or \rms appearing in captions, so, is latex being forgiving of my sloppy code?

John.

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY