[l2h] image generation problem

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Apr 24 05:15:41 CEST 2005

On 24/04/2005, at 12:47 PM, Bob van der Poel wrote:

> Ross Moore wrote:
>> Hello Bob,
>> On 24/04/2005, at 8:53 AM, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>
> Ross, before we get to far into all this with me sending log files back
> and forth  :)  I am using tetex 3.0. This is the nasty new version
> which
> sets latex to pdflatex.

Yes; I guessed that, which is why I suggested that maybe you are
getting .pdf files from images.tex  rather than .dvi --> .ps files.

I've not installed teTeX 3.0 anywhere yet, and do not run Mandrake
on any of my machines, so am really not sure just what is happening
to you. So I really do need answers to the questions that I asked
in the previous email, if I'm to be able to help diagnose the cause
of the problem.

> I did some searching earlier and saw some
> comments/fixes to html.sty (?). Whatever they were, I checked my
> install
> and it appears that the fixes were done. Am I missing something else
> quite obvious?

Yes, but those only affect running LaTeX on the source document;
e.g. to produce a .aux file, or to have the same document able
to produce print-quality output (PDF or .dvi) as well as HTML pages.

It should have no significant effect on the LaTeX2HTML run.

> The actual tetex is tetex-3.0-8mdk from rpm.

Fine; but I'm not in a position to test using this for myself.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114