[l2h] changing to 24 bit color depth of images/ keeping existing jpg images?

Jorgen Johansson johansson_jorgen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 15:14:18 CET 2004

Dear L2H users/developers,

Questions:
Is there away to prevent L2H from converting to eps
and then back to jpg format even when I want a scaled
image? Does scaling the image has anything to do with
this problem?

I would like color images with 24 bit color depth or
at least more than 256.

Details:
I have been spending most of my day on L2H.
First applying Shigeharu TAKENO's patch to L2H for it
to work with JPG images (should anyone want know how I
did it to get it to work, just mail me).

It works but...
I can not get photos with good quality to remain in
good quality.

see also todays thread: "prevent image conversion .lyx
-> .html by l2h" on "gmane.editors.lyx.general"
news/mailing list.

My jpg images comes out in 256 (shades?) grayscales.
This image looks actually better than the color image
with 256 color (obtained when exportin directly from
LyX)  but I'd rather have an color image with 24 bit
color depth.

Any help appreciated,

jorgen