[l2h] -external_file?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri Apr 23 16:34:46 CEST 2004

Hi again, Erling

On 23/04/2004, at 11:04 PM, Erling D. Andersen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I do
>
> latex2html -external_file  somewhere/toolsinstall.aux
>
> but nevertheless I get the error message:
>
> Cannot open toolsinstall.aux No such file or directory

Maybe you should have  ../somewhere/toolsinstall.aux  .

Relative paths for LaTeX2HTML need to be relative to where
the HTML pages are built. Usually this is a subdirectory of
where the source .tex file is located, hence the '..'.

However, there is the option of setting a  $DESTDIR,
so it cannot be assumed that '..' is always applicable.
(You need to work out the correct relative path, according
to the other options that you use.)

As to your question about a -texinputs option switch,
you can use  -init_file <file>  and have the $TEXINPUTS
setting stored there.
(In this case, the <file> needs to be the path to the
file relative to where the LaTeX2HTML job is initiated,
as it is read before any real processing has begun.)

This is certainly a good option to use with a Makefile,
especially when the same Makefile is used to build several
projects that may require different options.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114