[l2h] Again trouble with images

Jan Rakelmann JanRakelmann at web.de
Sat May 24 17:25:24 CEST 2003

 * Christoph Tornau wrote:

> Dear Christoph,
>
> please help me again. I ran into another problem that some images of another
> document cannot be converted. So the images are again mixed up in my document.
>
> I ran latex2html with the option -noreuse . At the beginning the target
> directory does not exist, so there are no images which can be reused. When
> latex2html starts to compile the images.tex file it says that there are 721
> images to be converted.

Please include the images as *.ps into the *tex-file. And run latex2html
without -noreuse (please read the latex2html-manpage). I don't see the
reason for the option -noreuse.

> But when it tries to convert the images afterward from
> .ps to .png it tries to convert images with a higher number than 721 and fails
> to find them.
>
> What can I do to fix this problem?

You need  a lot of other software. Under Debian please install perl,
fileutils, netpbm (the graphics conversion tools), gv, tetex-bin and
perl-doc.
Please visit http://packages.debian.org/testing/tex/latex2html.html.

Greetings from Dresden/Germany
Jan