[l2h] problem with latex2html from tetex-1.0.7-47.1

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Sun May 11 08:38:36 CEST 2003

Bonjour,

There are some troubles with the version of latex2html (Version 2002
(1.62) JA patch-1.4) which is included in the tetex distribution
(version 1.0.7-47.1) of redhat 7.3.

It is impossible to convert images with pstoimg for this script first
call pnmcrop with options that do not exist:

line 267:

my $PNMCROP = '/usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose ';

line 269:

$PNMCROPOPT = ' -sides ';

When I call pnmcrop I get this message:

usage:  pnmcrop [-white|-black] [-left] [-right] [-top] [-bottom] [pnmfile]

There are no option -verbose nor -sides.

If I suppress these options from the pstoimg script, image conversion
works and, for some latex files I get a correct result, but for some
other the maths formulas are boarded on the left and bottom by a line.

Does anyone know what is this bug and how to correct it?

Thank you.
--
François Patte. UFR de mathématiques et informatique.
45 rue des St Pères. 75270 Paris Cedex 06