[l2h] Poblems with installation

Pablo Bellino pablobellino at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 29 21:42:11 CEST 2003

Hi all,
I'm having some problems with the installation of latex2html-99.2beta8. I have:
Windows Millennium
Active Perl 5.6.1
netpbm-10.6
MikTex 2.3
Ghostscript 8.00

Before I ran the install, I changed the followings lines of the file prefs.pm:

$prefs{'EXTRAPATH'} = 'D:\\archiv~1\\gs\\gs8.00\\bin;D:\\netpbm\\bin';

 $prefs{'PREFIX'} = 'D:\\latex2html';
#$prefs{'PREFIX'} = '/usr/local';

Then I  ran install, and the config.log file says:

config.pl, Release 99.2beta8 (Revision 1.32)
Accompanies LaTeX2HTML, (C) 1999 GNU Public License.

checking for old config file (cfgcache.pm)... not found (ok)
checking for platform... MSWin32 (Windows 32 bit)
checking for D:\Perl\bin\perl.exe... D:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
checking perl version... 5.006001
checking if perl supports some dbm... yes
checking if perl globbing works... yes
checking for tex... c:\texmf\miktex\bin\tex.exe
checking for latex... c:\texmf\miktex\bin\latex.exe
checking for initex... c:\texmf\miktex\bin\initex.exe
checking for kpsewhich... c:\texmf\miktex\bin\kpsewhich.exe
checking for kpsewhich syntax... ok (style=1)
checking for TeX include path... NONE
Warning: Will not automatically install LaTeX2HTML style files.
checking for dvips... c:\texmf\miktex\bin\dvips.exe
checking dvips version... 5.90a
checking if dvips supports the combination of -E and -i -S 1... yes
checking for html4-check... no
checking for gswin32c... \archiv~1\gs\gs8.00\bin\gswin32c.exe
checking for ghostscript version... 8.00
checking for ghostscript portable bitmap device... pnmraw
checking for full color device for anti-aliasing... ppmraw
checking for ghostscript library and font paths... built-in paths are correct
checking for pnmcrop... \netpbm\bin\pnmcrop.exe
checking if pnmcrop can crop from one direction... yes
checking for pnmflip... \netpbm\bin\pnmflip.exe
checking for ppmquant... \netpbm\bin\ppmquant.exe
checking for pnmfile... \netpbm\bin\pnmfile.exe
checking for pnmcat... \netpbm\bin\pnmcat.exe
checking for pbmmake... \netpbm\bin\pbmmake.exe
checking for ppmtogif... \netpbm\bin\ppmtogif.exe
checking if ppmtogif can make transparent GIFs... yes
checking if ppmtogif can make interlaced GIFs... yes
checking for pnmtopng... \netpbm\bin\pnmtopng.exe
checking if multiple pipes work... no
Unfortunately multiple pipes are not reliable on this OS.
checking for temporary disk space... C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
creating cfgcache.pm
creating test.bat
creating install.bat
Note: Will install...
      ... executables to   : D:\latex2html\bin
      ... library items to : D:\latex2html

As far I know, nothing wrong is up to this point. The problem arise when I execute the test.com (fist I changed the environment memory to 1024 of this file).  When the conversion arrives at the conversions of images, in the shell appear>

Converting image #1
the search directory of COMMAND is wrong
too much parameters
too much parameters

some more lines like those, and the shell froze. I have been reading the files of installation of the program and I couldn't find the source of the error. It seems to me that the problem is with my system, but I would be appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks.

Pablo