[l2h] Apparent bugs in 2002-2-1

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Thu Jul 3 19:52:33 CEST 2003

shige 07/03 2003
----------------

=====
| > I thought whether default "l2hconf.pm" is still loaded instead of
| > YOUR "l2hconf.pm" file which you modified.
|
| I have NO local l2hconf.pm but I only correct a few parameters in
| l2hconf.pm which is made by the latex2html installation. However,
| since the "make install" puts a copy of latex2html Perl executable
| into /usr/local/bin, the only question is whether
| /usr/local/bin/latex2html will find l2hconf.pm which is in my case
| /usr/src/l2h-2002-2-1/l2hconf.pm.
|
| But I also made (manually) a copy of l2hconf.pm (modified) into
| /usr/lcoal/bin.

The standard path of l2hconf.pm is

  $prefix/lib/latex2html/l2hconf.pm

(may be /usr/local/lib/latex2html in your host). latex2html also
use environment variable L2HCONFIG to search l2hconf.pm if it is
set, so you can change several l2hconf.pm files by setting it.

| > By the way, GIF/PNG switching system was modified in
| > latex2html-2002-1, so l2hconf.pm for latex2html-2K.1beta is
| > different from one for latex2html-2002-2-1. Please check:
| >
| > [c] whether appropriate l2hconf.pm is loaded at running
| >   latex2html-2002-2-1.
|
| OK. How can I check that (not obvious)?

l2hconf.pm of latex2html-2002-2-1 have the following lines at
the top of the file:

  #!/perl
  # LaTeX2HTML l2hconf.pm
  # $Id: l2hconf.pin,v 1.17 2002/06/15 22:46:36 RRM Exp $

If it is true, please test

 % setenv L2HCONFIG (path of your l2hconh.pm file)
 % latex2html file.tex