[l2h] toc out of order with many sections / included files

Chris Spackman spackman at openhistory.org
Sat Apr 5 13:02:35 CEST 2003

Hi, I am having a problem with LaTeX2HTLM that I wonder is anyone else
seeing. The LaTeX document is made from over 1,000 files inserted into
the main LaTeX file through \input{} commands. The structure looks
something like this:

encyclopedia.tex

     \include{entries-a-l}

		\include{entry-a1}
		\include{entry-a2}
		  .
		  .
		\include{entry-lN}

     \include{entries-m-z}

		\include{entry-m1}
		\include{entry-m2}
		  .
		  .
		\include{entry-zN}

     \include{appendix}

		\include{appendix-1}
		\include{appendix-2}
		  .
		  .
	        \include{appendix-n}

Each included entry is a \section.

LaTeX properly turns them all into one nice dvi file with no errors or
important warnings. LaTeX2HTML runs okay and finishes without any
errors. But the output contains one minor problem -- in the
table of contents the entries are out of order. Also, the internal
html numbering of sections is likewise out of order.

Version is:
$ latex2html --version
This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2002-2 (1.70)

The command is: latex2html -noinfo -noimages -noaddress -split 4
-toc_depth 2 -ascii_mode -long_titles 5 -no_navigation encyclopedia.tex

If it matters, this is on a gentoo linux box.

The results can be seen at
http://www.openhistory.org/jhdp/encyclopedia/index.html

The original tex files are available at
http://www.openhistory.org/jhdp/development/encyc/
(entries in the articles/1 and articles/2 dirs)

Any ideas on how to fix this? Has anyone else seen this sort of thing?

--
Chris
gpg: 9B6B 860E 7C06 787F 366F 5D3E 7152 DCB2 FC51 51B9

******** random quote ********
BOFH Excuse #23:

improperly oriented keyboard