[l2h] Navigation icons problem

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:12:02 +1000 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> I convert a document with latex2html and gets some problems when I upload it.
> I upload toa directory on my webserver see
>
> http://www.mosek.com/info/
>
> However the up and down icons are NOT showing but it is there. Try
>
> http://www.mosek.com/info/up.png
>
> Am I doing something wrong. Note I use option -local_icons.

I see no problem.
For each icon there are 2 versions:
  the *active* version
  and the *inactive* version  --- when there is no page to link to.

On your pages, the active uses brown text on a white background,
whereas the inactive uses gray text on the same white background.
It's quite hard to see the difference, unless you move the mouse
over the icons: cursor changes with one, but not the other.

Does this explain your perceived problem?

> [Another strange thing is that I use
>
> -image_type gif
>
> but for the up icons etc latex2item ignores that.]

Did you install the GIF images when LaTeX2HTML was setup for
your installation?
If not, and you *did* install PNGs, then this could explain it.