[l2h] Structured Proofs

George Leibman gleibman@acedsl.com
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:18:51 -0400

--------------2498A808D6615564A91EB830

Hi,
A few years ago, Leslie Lamport (yes, the Godfather of LaTeX) proposed,
in an article in the American
Mathematical Monthly, a way of writing a mathematical proof in a
recursive style with required facts
used in the proof themselves proven in the same format, and so on.  He
even suggested that a hyperlink
system would be the preferred presentation technology, as the deeper
details of a proof could remain hidden
until requested by the user by clicking on a fact to see its proof.

As a moderately computer-literate student of mathematics, I am wondering

if anyone has implemented
such a system as an enhancement to latex2html.  I am contemplating doing

this, but I would be just as
happy to learn that such a working system is already available.

Has anyone implemented or seen anything like this?

--
George Leibman
100 Diplomat Drive, Apt. 6F

(914)241-2723
gleibman@acedsl.com

--------------2498A808D6615564A91EB830

begin:vcard
n:Leibman;George
tel;cell:(914)589-5723
tel;fax:(212)706-3100
tel;home:(914)241-2723
tel;work:(212)706-3254
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;100 Diplomat Drive Apt 6F;Mount Kisco;NY;10549;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:gleibman@acedsl.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:George Leibman