[l2h] parameter passing in windows batch wrapper

jo_latex2html@schlossers.org jo_latex2html@schlossers.org
21 May 2002 13:29:08 -0000

Hi all,

I have a slight modification to integrate in a future release, as the
current parameter passing under windoze prevents me from using
parameters containing a comma, as the dosbox eats the comma and
interprets it as next parameter, e.g. -html_version 4.0,frame acts
like -html_version 4.0 frame. Fortunately one can specify
-html_version \"4.0,frame\" under windows to preserve the comma. But
the
wrapper cannot handle this due to a limitation in batch \"if\"
command.
The changes I made apply to config/config.pl, ll. 706-713 (ver 1.67),
resp. ll. 723-730 (ver 1.68):
- set arg=
+ set arg=%*
set prog=%0
- :one
- if \"%1\"==\"\" goto two
- set arg=%arg% %1
- shift
- goto one
- :two

As I only have Win2k here I cannot say whether the %* variable, which
is the same as $@ under unix, also exists in Win98/ME.
Sorry for repost, I sent the wrong MIME type.

Best Regards,
Joachim Schlosser