multiple authors, math in tabular (was RE: [l2h] tabularx problem

Joachim Schlosser jo_latex2html@schlossers.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 21:04:17 +0200

Hi Ross, hi Knuth,

first of all thanks for your quick answers.
So I am very happy that I did not enter something wrong but ran into a
natural limitation of l2h.
Anyhow, with the patch from Knut I got it to work, thanks for this, and I
am happy that you, Ross, plan to integrate it.

> [... \author ...]
> What do you mean by "the way it should" ?

Okay, possibly the explanation was a bit too short. When I have a
\author{My Name\\My Company \and Another Name\\Another Company \and Yet
Another Name\\Yet Another Company}
in DVI it shows up as

 My Name      Another Name        Yet Another Name
My Company   Another Company    Yet Another Company

whereas in l2h it produces

My Name
My Company - Another Name
Another Company - Yet Another Name
Yet Another Company

As this is not the correct behavior, I suppose this might be a bug.

Again thanks a lot for the tabularx help, I already thought I am mad.

Best Regards
Joachim Schlosser