[l2h] tabularx problem

jo_latex2html@schlossers.org jo_latex2html@schlossers.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 13:53:57 +0200

Hi all,

I am using latex2html and have the following problem:
latex2html creates images instead of HTML tables when I put in
tabularx tables.
Do I use it incorrectly or did I overlook a limitation?
Thanks in advance!

Minimal example:
---- snip ----
\documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
\usepackage{tabularx}

\title{A test example}
\author{My Name\\My Company \and Another Name\\Another Company \and
Yet Another Name\\Yet Another Company}

\begin{document}
\maketitle
\section{A test example section}

This is the table I want, but it shows up as an image.

\begin{table}[htb]
\centering
% absence of following 2 lines makes no difference
\renewcommand{\arraystretch}{1.1}
\renewcommand{\tabularxcolumn}[1]{m{#1}}
\begin{tabularx}{0.75\linewidth}{| X | c |}
\hline
\multicolumn{2}{|l|}{\it One sub heading} \\
\hline
timestamp & yes \\
\hline
\end{tabularx}
\end{table}

Why does tabularx produce a table outside a float environment,
even if it's wrong?

\begin{center}
\begin{tabularx}{0.75\linewidth}{| X | c |}
\hline
\multicolumn{2}{|l|}{\it One sub heading} \\
\hline
timestamp & yes \\
\hline
\end{tabularx}
\end{center}

\end{document}
---- snap ----

calling latex2html Version 2002
> latex2html -image_type gif -split 5 -split 0 -html_version
4.0,table -nonavigation tabletest
tested also with:
> latex2html -image_type gif -split 5 -split 0 -html_version
4.0,table -nonavigation tabletest

Can you figure out why the result is the way it is and how I can
change it to procude HTML tables?

And a last thing: How do I get the correct author setting, the way
it is done in DVI? The HTML output does not look the way it should.
Thanks!

sincerely
Joachim
--