[l2h] Re: Big problem with latex2html mailing list

Ross Moore ross@sunb.ocs.mq.edu.au
Wed, 8 May 2002 12:47:11 +1000 (EST)

> Hello,

>   I received over 1000 copies of vol #314 of the latex2html digest.
> Please let me know why I received so many multiple copies and what
> actions you are taking to prevent this problem in the future.

Yes, we apologise profusely for this.
It only affected the 20 or so people receiving Digests.

About 6 months ago a similar event occurred, and a fix to the
Mailman software was devised to guard against it.

An updated version of the Mailman software was recently installed
to handle the mailing-lists at  tug.org .
However, that update did not include the fix,
and the fix was not applied at the time of the
update.  It has now been applied, so this kind of event should not
happen again -- at least, not in the near future.

Also, as soon as I was aware of this problem I disabled sending
of Digests. Now that the cause is known and the fix applied,
I will allow digests to be sent again.

I hope you will not be troubled by this type of problem again,

Regards,

	Ross Moore