[l2h] relative image pathnames and search keywords

Johannes Prix johannes.prix@kfunigraz.ac.at
Wed, 08 May 2002 09:02:19 +0200

Hi Friends!

First of all a big thank you anybody who is responsible for this great
latex2html tool.  I consider it great work and thats also why I use is
to generate my private home page and the home page of the freedroid open
source project I maintain.  Two questions I have still that I couldnīt
find answer myself from the docu.

(1)  It seems that latex2html fills out the META keywords="...." in the
html document with something sensible but not exactly with what I
consider the best keywords.  I didnīt find an option or command with
which I could set that from within the latex file.  I therefore wrote a
short (my first) awk file to process the generated html file after each
time latex2thml runs.  That works, but I would prefer it of course if
there was a way around whis.  If it is, perhaps that could be included
in the docu.

(2)  Although I use relative pathnames with my includegraphics commands
in the latex file I see that the html file then shows up absolute
pathnames.  This IS a problem to me, because I usually edit and test my
files from home and do not have permanent internet connection.  Before I
upload the newest html file I have to reduce the pathnames to relative
ones that are also valid on the host, where the html files are acually
made publicly availabe.  Can I somehow control this?  I didnīt find an
option in the docu.  If there is one, perhaps could that be added to the
manual or perhaps at least refered to within the image
generation/control secions?

Thanks a lot and best regards, Johannes Prix.