[l2h] GS returned error status 1

Darrell dr6583@hotmail.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:37:31 -0600

Disk crashed and had to rebuild, so I took advantage of the opportunity to
load the latest versions I could find:

GS 7.04
Netpbm 9.24
LaTeX2HTML 2k.1beta(1.62)
MikTeX 2.1
(this is an NT4 system)

Test.bat works fine, but when I install and run l2h on my restored files, it
returns the following error for each image it's trying to convert:

Converting image #xxx
pstoimg.bat:  Error: Ghostscript returned error status 1
pstoimg.bat:  Error: Couldn't find pnmoutput of E:\TEMP\l2hxxx\imagexxx.ps

I have verified that the .ps files are in the appropriate l2hxxx folder at
the time these errors occur, but not being too swift under the hood of L2H
I'm not sure what else to check.  So I thought, if I had it working before
it will work again, right?  Wrong.  I've tried downgrading everything back
to the same versions that were working _perfectly_ before, even with the
exact same l2hconf and init files, and the errors still occur.  Weird.

Any ideas?

Darrell