[l2h] TUG 2002 conference status

Kaveh Bazargan kaveh@focalimage.com
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 15:18:23 +0100

As you know, India has been in the news recently, and some western
governments have recommended that their citizens leave the country. This
has an obvious effect on the TUG2002 conference scheduled for September.
Arguably, Kerala is the safest place in India, being in the Southern tip.
Nevertheless, we cannot go against recommendations of governments.

The situation is changing daily and we are hoping that things will settle
in time for us to meet.

We have therefore decided to wait until the end of June and then make a
decision about the conference. We very much hope we can still get together
in the wonderful land of Kerala!
--

Kaveh Bazargan
on behalf of TUG2002 organizing committee