[l2h] latex2html: problematic .tex file

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:44:05 +1000 (EST)

> Hello all,
>
> I have a large .tex document, ~30 chapters, and latex2html
> consistently ends its html production at chapter 2. It is
> just as if latex2html thinks it is at the end of the book.
> If I move chapter 2 to the end of the book in the master .tex file,
> everything gets generated fine - just out of order. If I
> comment out chapter 2 from the master .tex file, everything
> but chapter 2 gets generated, as it should.
>
> Everything seems fine when I run latex on the book with all chapters
> included and in order. Why is latex2html doing this?

Without actually seeing the contents of the file containing your Chapter 2,
I can only speculate.

Is there an  \end{document}  somewhere within that file,
perhaps occurring after a comment, or \endinput .
If so, try removing it, or changing the  \end  to  %end .

Maybe your document has an unclosed grouping somewhere.
Check this easily, by looking at the end of the .log file,
when run by LaTeX. Is there a message:
  `document ended at level <n>'  where <n> is a number ?
(or something similar).

Test for this also for Chapter 2 only, by finishing the job
immediately after Chapter 2 has been \input (or \include'd).

> Does anyone have any clues?

Look for the above.
Otherwise try to produce a cut-down example for testing.

> Thanks in advance,

> -Steve
>
> --
>   Stephen M. Fuqua                   phone: (603) 643-2600 ext. 772
>   Software Documentation Engineer    fax: (603) 643-3967
>   Fluent Inc.                        e-mail: smf@fluent.com
>   10 Cavendish Court                 www: http://www.fluent.com
>   Lebanon, NH 03766-1442

[Attachment, skipping...]