[l2h] virus alert: avoid the previous posting

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:43:56 +1000 (EST)

In case you haven't realised already,
the message that arrived earlier today, with subject:

    [l2h]  a powful tool

most probably contains a virus; so be careful with it.

It was rejected by the mail-scanner at my university's site,
with a message to say that a virus had been removed from it.

Kaja, can you remove it from the archives, so that it doesn't
get sent out in digest form ?

For the last few days, the level of virus emails has risen
considerably. If anyone feels strongly about switching the
list to 'moderated' --- so that I have to vet every message
before it gets through ---  then please say so.

I really do *not* want to do this; but if there is strong feeling
to do so --- just for for a week or two --- then I'll bend to this
view, unless there are equally strong views not to do so.

All the best,

	Ross Moore