[l2h] latex2html

sigbert sigbert@wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:22:33 +0200

Hi,

>  \begin{htmlonly}
>  \end{htmlonly}
>
>  \begin{latexonly}
>  \end{latexonly}
>
> and wherever possible, use conditional comments:
>  %begin{latexonly}
>  %end{latexonly}

Thanks a lot, I will try that whereever possible.

> This probably explains the kind of "Cannot find file" messages that you
> encountered, since you didn't want that image to be processed for HTML.

I have to check this. I know that the program complains specially about
the included gif figures.
But the text I have in mind has nearly no such graphics, all figures are
really PostScript pictures
which I want to get processed.

> If these occured inside \latex commands,
> or if you tried to use code such as:
>
>  \latex{\begin{itemize}\item}
>  \latex{\end{itemize}}

I need to check this, too. It definitely appears somewhere in our LaTeX
macros.

> This might work better using \begin{htmlonly}...\end{htmlonly} inside
> the definition. However, a better approach is to make the definition
> itself be conditional; e.g.

Well, my problem is that some parameter of this LaTeX macro needs to be
compiled by latex2html and others not.
As you may noticed I insert a comment at the beginning and at the end.
Because after generating the HTML page I run
my own perl scripts over the HTML pages and replace this comments with
my HTML code.

I guess the best thing to do would be to write my own style file and
this would simplify my work.
But, to be honest, I do not understand how to write the according perl
script for latex2html. And I have also to admit that I'am pretty new to
Perl.

Thanks for your help

	Sigbert Klinke