[l2h] Re: [latex2html-2K.1beta] ignore_commands

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:04:09 +1000 (EST)

> Hello Ross,
>
>  > LaTeX2HTML finish with the line:
>  >
>  > 1;  # must finish with a true value
>  >
>  > or similar.
>
> Yes it works fine like this ...  I haven't seen it in the doc. Maybe
> you should add it at least to the page explaining how to ignore
> commands ...

This applies to *any* file of Perl code read by LaTeX2HTML
(and presumably to Perl scripts generally). It is not specific
to the content of those files. Besides, I'm pretty sure that it is
mentioned in the manual somewhere.

>  > The listing on the 1st page is a  mini-TOC,  not the TOC itself.
>  > You can turn it off altogether, using:
>  >
>  >    \tableofchildlinks[OFF]
>
> Perfect.
>
> Are there plans to limit depth of mini-TOC as it's done for the TOC ?

This is controlled (globally) by the  $MAX_LINK_DEPTH  variable,
which can be set on the command-line with  -link <num> .
This *is* discused in the manual, along with  -split  for $MAX_SPLIT_DEPTH.

These two Perl variables can be adjusted from page to page within
a document, using the  \HTMLset   or  \HTMLsetenv  macros, from  html.sty .

> Is it possible to make the sectionning split be different for
> different part of the same document ?

Yes; using  \HTMLset{MAX_SPLIT_DEPTH}{<num>} .
But you need to be careful with this, and its interplay with $MAX_LINK_DEPTH
for creating links to adjacent pages. That is, you'll need to check that
the navigation-bar links are sensible, and allow the resulting pages to be
accessed in a logical sequence.

> And just the last question :
>
> How can I customize the bottom line of each page ?
> I would like to put a web link and a logo instead of my name and the
> date ...

Yes.
For this, it is the $ADDRESS variable that needs to be adjusted, in an
initialisation file (e.g. within  .latex2html-init ).
Here's an example from one of my sites:

$ADDRESS = join( ""
        , "<SMALL>HTML generated using "
        , '<A HREF="http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht">LaTeX2HTML</A><BR>'
        , "\nby " , $address_data[0]
        , ", ", $address_data[1], "\n"
        , ' for <A HREF="mailto:FD-PublicRelations@topica.com">FD-PublicRelations</A>'
        , "</SMALL>");

Notice that it references:  $address_data[0]  and  $address_data[1]
to get the current user-name and date.
It's entirely up to you to construct valid HTML for the coding here.

> Anyway, I want to thank you for your help.

It's a pleasure.

Have fun with LaTeX2HTML

	Ross Moore