[l2h] Re: Image conversion in LaTeX2HTML - Query

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:38:55 +1100 (EST)

> Dear Dr. Moore,
>
> I was earlier using the latex2html-96.1 version to covert my LaTeX
> documents and everything was working fine. Recently, I upgraded to
> latex2html-99.1 (beta) and I find that the mathematical equations do not
> turn out well enough. All the png-images have a right-angled border on the
> left-lower half of the rectangular region enclosing the equation. I have
> tried hard to track down the problem but couldn't make any headway. Is it
> a known problem or am I doing something very silly somewhere.

It's a known problem, related to netpbm and the  pnmcrop utility,
and the fact that LaTeX2HTML-99.1 is out-of-date in some respects.

 pnmcrop -version

or

 pnmcrop --help

to find out which version you have installed.

The problem may go away if you upgrade netpbm to something
later than  v9.14 .

More importantly, you should upgrade LaTeX2HTML to the latest version,
available from  www.latex2html.org .

Indeed, just upgrading LaTeX2HTML may be enough, as it is
aware of the different requirements for different versions
of pnmcrop, whereas the v99.1 version was written before
the changes in  pnmcrop  were introduced.