[l2h] Too many <p>'s

Craig Jones craig@physics.ubc.ca
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:35:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I have found a couple of interesting things.  I am making a slide show
with some figures etc using latex2html.  On one slide I have a page that
has:

\subsection*{Title}

\begin{itemize}
\item Some text here
\end{itemize}
%
\begin{figure}[H]
\centering \mbox{ \epsfig{file=file.eps,width=100mm}}
%\label{fig:temp}
\end{figure}

If I convert it to html, then I get (basicaly the right thing!), but I get
an extra "<p></p>" right above the "<DIV ALIGN="CENTER">" in the html
code.

If I uncomment the label line in the latex, then I get an extra <p></p>
around the anchor that defines the label.

Normally I wouldn't care about this type of thing, but when space on a
"slide" is a premium, I do care.  Obviously, I can go through and remove
the extra <p>'s.

Is there an easy way to suppress these types of things.  Can someone
suggest where in the latex2html code where I could remove these?

[BTW, I reallly do like latex2html, it is a fantastic tool.  Keep up the
good work!]

Thanks,

Craig.