[l2h] newbie question

Darrell dr6583@hotmail.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:15:24 -0600

Some newbie questions:

1.  I don't think my init file is ever being parsed because changes I make
there are never being applied in subsequent runs.  I'm running
2k.1beta(1.57) on an NT PC.  I've tried leaving the init file named
.latex2html-init, renaming it to various things and changing $INIT_FILE_NAME
in l2hconf.pm accordingly.  ...But changes I make in l2hconf.pm seem to
work.  (Do I even need the init file (just change/append l2hcon.pm as
necessary?)

2.  For the life of me I can't seem to customize $ADDRESS.  Changes I make
in l2hconf.pm (and in the init file per #1) are not being applied.

3.  This may be a LaTeX issue, not sure, I'm a newbie there too. How can I
prevent l2h from placing a "contents" entry in index.html.  (i.e. clicking
on "next" in index.html just takes you to, well, the contents page.  I
definitely want the contents to be there, just not in the list in
index.html.

4.  How can I generate the manuals locally.  All guidelines I have found
seem to revolve around "make" which is unavailable on PC.

Thank you very much.

Darrell