[l2h] Minor installation problem (2K.1beta)

Graham Gough graham@cs.man.ac.uk
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:21:16 +0000

    RM> so it could be that the interpolation of @ICONPATH@ isn't
    RM> working properly.

I've found it, I think. I believe the `problem' (if there is one) is
in the following lines in config.pl.

$newcfg{'ICONPATH'} = $opt{'ICONPATH'} || $cfg{'ICONPATH'} ||
  $prefs{'ICONPATH'} || '';

If a cfgcache.pm exists from a previous attempt, the value there is
used and the one you have carefully crafted in prefs.pm is ignored. The
same approach is used for all configuration. This obviously isn't the
behaviour I expected, and I think at least could do with documenting. I
guess the order I expected was

 $opt{'ICONPATH'} || $prefs{'ICONPATH'} || $cfg{'ICONPATH'} ||'';

Removing the cfgcache made everything work as I expected.

Regards

Graham