[l2h] redhat 7

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns@cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:03:58 +0000

> I tried 2 installations.  The first was the latest beta from ctan
> (latex2html-99.2beta8.tar.gz, which is Dec 21, 2000).

that's not the latest beta on ctan; latex2html-2K.1beta.tar.gz is
(it's updated at least every other day).

note ctan doesn't hold "stable" versions since the ftp site that used
to hold them went bad on us.

> The second was
> latex2html-99.1-1.noarch.rpm  They each seemed to install ok, but I got a
> perl script error in each case.  Here is the error from the second
> installation (sorry for not including it before):

the problem appears to be a perl5.6 issue.  we've experienced it here
with redhat 7, but since the guy who was investigating was using an
archaic version of l2h, i assumed that was the problem and didn't look
any further.

does the latest (2k-1) version compile with perl5.6?