[l2h] redhat 7

Harvey Greenberg hgreenbe@carbon.cudenver.edu
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:55:03 -0700 (MST)

I tried 2 installations.  The first was the latest beta from ctan
(latex2html-99.2beta8.tar.gz, which is Dec 21, 2000).  The second was
latex2html-99.1-1.noarch.rpm  They each seemed to install ok, but I got a
perl script error in each case.  Here is the error from the second
installation (sorry for not including it before):

Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/local/bin/latex2html line
2, near "/usr/bin"
        (Missing operator before bin?)
syntax error at /usr/local/bin/latex2html line 2, near "/usr/bin"
"use" not allowed in expression at /usr/local/bin/latex2html line 55, at
end of line
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/bin/latex2html line 60.

I don't know perl and I'm fairly new to linux.  I'm wondering if anyone
has seen this and found a fix.

Thanks,
Harvey J. Greenberg
Mathematics Dept -- Campus box 170
University of Colorado at Denver
PO Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
phone: 303-556-8464    fax: 303-556-8550
Harvey.Greenberg@cudenver.edu   http://www.cudenver.edu/~hgreenbe/