[l2h] png images

Wendy McKay wgm@cds.caltech.edu
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

Just some information from a Web Graphics Design class
about png files.

"The major browsers don't treat png
consistently, so we recommend not using them for now. ...
I'd suggest reoptimizing as either jpegs
or gifs from the source files."
May 2001.

So.... don't use png files;  jpegs and gifs are just fine
and have been for a long time.
Convert your files out of png if you want people
to see your websites they way you intended.

-wendy