[l2h] $DVIPS_SAFE flag broken?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:49:08 -0400 (EDT)

  I just tried setting the $DVIPS_SAFE flag to true (1) in versions
99.2beta8 and 2K.1beta, but it didn't seem to have any affect; I still
got the message:

This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2K.1beta (1.55)
by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

Revised and extended by:
 Marcus Hennecke, Ross Moore, Herb Swan and others
...producing markup for HTML version 4.0

 *** processing declarations ***

 *** Fatal Error --- but easy to fix ***

Cannot have '.' in file-name prefix, else dvips fails on images
Change the name from  /home/fdrake/projects/python/Doc-2.2/api/api.tex  and try
again.

  Any suggestions?  I'd really like to turn off this behavior; I'd
expect a better approach would be to detect the failure of dvips when
it actually happens, and stop running at that point.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations