[l2h] Question about section numbers for external references

Dave Hyde dave.hyde@cfx.aeat.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:50:38 -0500

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to latex and I've come across a problem that hopefully
someone can help me out with.
I'm a Technical Writer responsible for producing documentation in pdf and
html formats for one of our branches of software. I need to link across
different subdirectories using a successful method for both pdf and html
formats.

The xr-hyper package took care of everything for the pdf, and I can get
links to work using the \externallabels and \externalref commands by
clicking on them for html.

Local links, however, are set up to list the section number. I can't for the
life of me figure out why the local references defined with \ref have
section numbers, while the external references defined with \externalref do
not.

Any help with this issue would be a life-saver!

Thanks in advance
Dave Hyde