[l2h] italic in indices, html 4.0 math entities

Thomas Henlich henlich@mmers1.mw.tu-dresden.de
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:31:07 +0200

Hi,

I'm quite new to l2h (as you can probably tell from my questions anyway) and
came across the two following problems regarding "fine-tuning" of l2h
output. I have some knowledge of Perl, so if messing with the source code
would be required to solve it, then so be it; however I still have no idea
where to start searching:

1. In math, I would like to appear indices in italic too, e.g. $x_y$ should

2. Instead of bitmap graphics, I would like to have the corresponding HTML
4.0 math entities (e.g. &Gamma; &xi; etc.) appear in the text whenever
available.*)

Any help or hint is appreciated.

*) Please don't respond just with: These are not supported in current
browsers; because I know that myself :-( Mozilla rules :-)

--
Thomas Henlich