[l2h] Re: LaTeX2html -- russian style for babel

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:44:12 +1000 (EST)

> Dear Dr. Ross Moore,
>
> As I have understood, you are the primary LaTeX2html developer. I am using
> this powerful program already about six years. Not long ago I have tried the
> most recent version, latex2html-2K.1beta and found there a lot of languages
> supported via the babel mechanism. Some time ago the proper russian support
> for LaTeX became also available (with the so called T2 package working via
> babel). I think, it would be nice to implement the corresponding features in
> LaTeX2html too.

Hello Georgy,

> I have just tried to prepare a small patch for this purpose. It includes the
> russian.perl style which defines various russian titles, koi8.pl which
> defines the KOI8-R encoding most used for Russian in the Unix world as well
> as in the Internet, and small changes to babel.perl and inputenc.perl to
> include the former two when requested. It seems to work well.

Thank you very much for these files.
They will provide a wonderful addition to the LaTeX2HTML translator.

> The patch against latex2html-2K.1beta is in the attachment. Could you please
> incorporate it in some form for future LaTeX2html releases?

Done.
The new files and updates should be available from the developers' repository
at  www.latex2html.org  later today (~ 8.00am Central European time).

> Many thanks for the excellent program !

And thank you again for this valuable contribution.

All the best,

	Ross Moore

> Georgy.
>
> Georgy Salnikov
> NMR Group
> Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
> Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
> Tel.   +7-3832-341960   +7-3832-331456
> Fax                     +7-3832-331456
> Email   sge@nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
[Attachment, skipping...]