[l2h] \htmladdnormallinkfoot and frames

Steffen Klupsch Steffen Klupsch <steffen@vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:54:11 +0200

Steffen Klupsch wrote:
> I must provide a link which opens a 'new browser window'.
>
> A easy way to realize this feature is the 'target' property of the <A> tag.
> For example
>
> <A href="/staff/steffen/fpu.html" target=_blank>
>  An arbitrary precision floating point unit
> </A>

This problem was experienced by some other users as well.
I don't understand perl so I can't provide a patch, but a nice work-around
is available.

The following latex code produces a correct link:

\HTMLcode[href=www.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/~steffen/,
          target=\_blank]{A}{You may click to see my homepage. }

The backdraw: This is equivalent to \htmladdnormallink, there is no
\htmladdnormallinkfoot equivalent.

A suggestion for the 'future':

Could the \htmladdnormallink...[%1]{%2}{%3} commands be redefined to call
\HTMLcode[%1, HREF=%3]{A}{%2} ?

There should also be a small change in the section 4.1 'Hyper-links in LaTeX'
about the optional argument. This would be a 'quick patch' and allow the latex
part to work as usual.

Regards, Steffen

|   Steffen Klupsch                Alexanderstr. 10, D-64283 Darmstadt |
|   TU Darmstadt - FB Inf(20) - FG Integrierte Schaltungen und Systeme |
|   Email:   steffen@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de                        |
|   URL  :   http://www.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/staff/steffen/ |
|   Phone:   (+49)6151/16-6650                  Fax: (+49)6151/16-4810 |