[l2h] latex2html losing

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:05:16 +1100 (EST)

> After trying to read every single piece of documentation that I could, I
> give up.
>
> I can run latex2html on my file input.tex as
>
> latex2html -test_mode input and it seems to be running fine, except
> that it does not show me my figures.
>
> I am using PostScript figures with the option
>
> \usepackage{epsfig}
>
> and then
>
> \begin{figure}
> \epsfxsize=\textwidth
> %\hspace{-1.5in}
> \centerline{\includegraphics{fig1.ps}}
> \caption{The.....}
> \label{fig1}
> \end{figure}

Are these the only figures that do not work ?

Have you looked at the  images.log  file in the directory
where the .html files are being made ?
Does it give any indication of LaTeX problems ?

You could try instead:

\usepackage{graphics}

\begin{figure}
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[scale=...]{fig1.ps}
\end{center}
\caption{The.....}
\label{fig1}
\end{figure}

with an appropriate scale-factor;
or use  \usepackage{graphicx}  and some of its extended options
for the  \includegraphics  command.

> and what I get in my browser is:
>

>                                                               =
>                                                               fig1.ps
>                                                               Figure
>                                                                1: The
>                                                               bottom

Perhaps the image is too large, causing 2 pages of output
rather than just one. You will be able to see this in the
  images.log file.

In that case, you could try setting some Perl variables
within a  .latex2html-init  file for your job:

e.g.

 $PAPERSIZE='a4';  # or  'b4'  or  'a3'

or

 $IMAGE_SCALE_FACTOR = 1;  # default is usually 1.4 or 1.6 .

> What do I have to do to get my figure in the browser?.
>
> I am running the current version in development.
>
> I would very much appreciate any help.

Sorry for not replying sooner;
somehow I missed your mail when it first arrived.

> Herman.
>

> --
> Herman Jaramillo			phone: 713-689-6503
> Research Geophysicist			fax  : 713-689-6100
> Baker Hughes (Western Geophysical)	email: herman.jaramillo@westgeo.com
> 3600 Briarpark Drive (77042-5275)
> P.O. Box 2469
> Houston, Texas 77252-2469