[l2h] How to make 2 independent columns in one screen?

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Thu, 4 May 2000 07:33:13 +1000 (EST)

>  Which are the pseudo-Latex commands to produce on the browser screen
> something like:

> |                   |                                           |
> | a table of content|     Some text                             |
> |                   |                                           |
> |                   |                                           |
> |                   |                                           |
> |                   |                                           |

> Where the left part and the right part are independent (something like
> frames). My wish is that clicking on some reference on the left makes
> the related text appear on the right, while the left part remains
> unchanged.

That's the <IFRAME> tag isn't it ?  (inline frame)
Or a skillful use of <FRAME...> layouts.

I've never written any code to support <IFRAME>.
You would have to do each part separately, using {rawhtml}
to put in the IFRAME tags with its destination URL.