[l2h] Latest version

John A. Turner John A. Turner" <turner@blueskystudios.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:52:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Ross Moore wrote:
>> http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht/

RH> Thanks for the hint to the latest version, as I did not find it either.

this thread is a nice illustration of the problems I refer to in a msg I
recently sent to the list - find in the archives here:

since my msg to the list only generated private responses from Uli and
Marek saying they've been quite busy lately - I assume the same is true for
Ross (maybe even moreso)

in any event, I have registered latex2html.org, with the intention of
donating it to the project whenever it's clear where it should live:

[whois.opensrs.net]
Registrant:
 Technical Computing Solutions
 29 Sherwood St.
 Norwalk, CT 06851
 US

 Domain Name: LATEX2HTML.ORG

 Administrative Contact:
    Turner, John  john.turner@pobox.com
    203-845-9550

 Technical Contact:
    Turner, John  john.turner@pobox.com
    203-845-9550

 Billing Contact:
    Turner, John  john.turner@pobox.com
    203-845-9550

 Record last updated on 29-Jun-2000.
 Record expires on 29-Jun-2001.
 Record Created on 29-Jun-2000.

 Domain servers in listed order:
    NS0.DIRECTNIC.COM   208.178.184.56
    NS1.DIRECTNIC.COM   206.19.41.124

I don't have much free time either, so I'm not casting stones at anyone -
I'm just trying to spur some consolidation of the development effort.
Personally, I'd like to recommend that the project move to SourceForge:

  http://www.sourceforge.net/

which provides hosting, cvs repository with public/private access, mailing
lists, bug tracking, etc. for projects - details here:

  http://sourceforge.net/docs/site/services.php

but someone needs to step forward and start volunteering to do some of
this

I know it's kind of nice to be connected with tug.org, but I wonder if it
might not be better to just have a pointer from tug to a dedicated L2H site
hosted somewhere like SourceForge

--
John A. Turner, Senior Research Associate
Blue Sky Studios, One South Rd, Harrison, NY 10528