[l2h] Newbie question: glob failed

Oscar Lopez Oscar Lopez <oscar.lopez@lmm.jussieu.fr>
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 17:43:12 +0000

Hello list:

First of all, excuse me if I ask an evident question or I am missing something
important,
but this is my first attempt with latex2html.

I am trying to use latex2html 99.1 beta and when I process
a latex file with several equations, inlined and displayed,the
latex2html output shows the equations located in strange
positions and there are many mistakes in the images that
represents the translated equations.

When I installed the latex2html tar ball, one error related to globbing
appeared but I forced the instalation procedure to follow. I am not sure
if this is the source of my problems

I have checked that the requirements related to other programs are satisfied

navier:~/tmp$ perl -v

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux

navier:~/tmp$ pnmcrop '-version'
pnmcrop: Version: Netpbm 1 March 1994
pnmcrop: Compiled Sat Aug 19 13:53:38 EST 1995 by user "root"
pnmcrop: BSD defined
pnmcrop: PBMPLUS_RAWBITS defined

I tried to use too the -no_math and  -html_version 3.2,math options without
any success.

When I run latex2html I obtained always this message

glob failed (child exited with status 139) at
/kepler1/visiteurs/oscar/bin/latex2html line 4403.
glob failed (child exited with status 139) at
/kepler1/visiteurs/oscar/bin/latex2html line 4408.

What am I doing wrong ? What does "glob failed" mean ?
Should I update something ? If it is the case, could you point me the rigth
updates ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards