[latex2html] Error (home): Cannot expand other user's home directory

Till A. Heilmann Till A. Heilmann" <Till.Heilmann@stud.unibas.ch
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 18:47:29 +0100 (MET)

Hi everybody!

I'm a newbie to this list and to latex2html, so I hope
I'm not annoying the members of this list.

Well, I just spent 2 hours installing and configuring
ghostscript, ghostview, activeperl and netpgm on my
windows machine. After solving several minor problems I
finally managed to install latex2html. Everything looks
fine now, but everytime I run latex2html on a .tex file
it stops and echoes the following message:

 Error (home): Cannot expand other user's home directory
 at C:\PROGRA~1\LOCALT~1\LATEX2~1\BIN/latex2html.bat
line 213

I looked in the mailing list archive, the faq file that
comes with latex2html and the online manual, but didn't
find a solution to my problem.

I feel pretty stupid because configuring and installing
latex2html was rather difficult and now I stumble over
such a dumb error.

Help, anybody?

---
My Specifications:

Compaq Armada 1573D

- Windows 98
- MikTeX 1.20e
- LaTeX2HTML 2K.1beta

Till Andreas Heilmann

Mittlere Strasse 8, CH-4056 Basel
Tel.: +41/61/262'08'67, +41/76/531'36'15

KEEP THE NET SIMPLE:
    _
   / \   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
   \ /