[latex2html] Re: [l2h] help installing.

Martin Wolf Martin Wolf" <martin@familiewolf.de
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:20:49 +0100

Hello Herman!

Herman Jaramillo <herman.jaramillo@waii.com> wrote:

> This is the third time I am sending this message looking for help.
> Is anybody getting it?.

Yes, I did.

> ------ make command ----
> 443 hrsg30:/home/hr17 % make
>         /usr/freeware/bin/perl
> /data01/LaTeX2HTML/latex2html-99.2beta8/config/build.pl -x  latex2html

> ------ make install command ----
> Error (Copy): Copy "icons/up.gif" to
> "/data01/LaTeX2HTML/latex2html-99.2beta8/icons/up.gif" failed: No such
> file or directory

I would suggest to read the "install" document carefully. It's written
there, that it's not possible to install l2h from the temporary build
directory in the same directory. So interpreting the output of make, your
temporary directory is /data01/LaTeX2HTML/latex2html-99.2beta8, running the
build.pl in it. In make install this directory suddenly is your destination!
And in install.pl line 396 the image file in the destination is deleted to
avoid overwriting the target of symlinks.

So IMHO you should run
./configure --prefix=/data01/LaTeX2HTML/latex2html-99.2beta8 again in your
home dir.

Hope I could help

Merry christmas

Martin