[latex2html] [l2h] Shading/highlighting around text

Jameson C. Burt Jameson C. Burt" <jameson@coost.com
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:25:47 -0500

How does one highlight the area around text?

Pure LaTeX with \usepackage[dvips]{color} does this for postscript with
   \colorbox{red}{A red shaded box}
But in latex2html, "\colorbox" does no highlighting, rather it makes the text
blink.

I am particularly interested in highlighting headings in a tabular
environment; eg
highlighting the following words,
     Description  Location  Organization

For this, html code might have a separate entry for each word; eg,
I have seen the following within a table on html pages,
    <TH BGCOLOR#ccffff>Description</TH>

I appreciate any suggestions, even kludges, though I don't want to spend
time altering the html that latex2html outputs.

--
Jameson C. Burt, NJ9L   Fairfax, Virginia, USA
jameson@coost.com       http://www.coost.com