[l2h] Controlling TOC

Ross MOORE Ross MOORE <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:53:30 +1000 (EST)

> When processing the following dcoument using l2h 99.1, I cannot stop
> the subsections appearing in the TOC
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \title{Toctest}
> \begin{document}
> \maketitle
> \section{One}
> \subsection{One a}
> \subsection{One b}
>
> \section{Two}
> \subsection{Two a}
> \subsection{Two b}
> \end{document}
>
> I always get a front page with
>
>       One
>             One a
>             One b
>       Two
>             Two a
>             Two b
>       About this document ...
>
> whatever value of $TOC_DEPTH, or arg to -toc_depth I use
> I've also tried using subsection* and I have the same problem
>
> Is this a known problem, or am I just doing something stupid?

You are not referring to the TOC but the mini-TOC on the front
page. The TOC (which $TOC_DEPTH controls) is what you get
from the  \tableofcontents  command.

To suppress the mini-TOC use the command
 \tableofchildlinks[off]  on the 1st page.

To control what goes into the mini-TOC use the  -link  option.
(Of course this controls it for *all* pages with a mini-toc,
not just the 1st page.)