[l2h] Unexpected failure within theorem environment.

Ian Craw Ian Craw <Ian.Craw@maths.abdn.ac.uk>
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 10:34:00 +0100 (BST)

The enclosed short file is, I hope, very standard LaTeX.  It gives me
trouble in l2h -- the generated images.tex file contains HTML code and
image generation fails.  The example is condensed from a (very) much
longer file, and most elements in it now seem critical.

Removing the first "(" in the first "thm" restores sensible behaviour.
I am using latex2html 99.1 release with options -no_math -html_version
3.2,table,math.  Perl is 5.005_02.

Is this a known problem?  Can I spot it before it bites next time?

Here is the failing (for me) LaTeX:

\documentclass{article}
\newtheorem{thm}{Theorem}
\begin{document}

\begin{thm}
( $\sin(x)$
\end{thm}

\begin{thm}
$$\frac{1}{2}$$
$\cos x$.
\end{thm}

\end{document}

--
Ian Craw, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Aberdeen