[l2h] A solution and more problems with W95 install.

Erling D. Andersen Erling D. Andersen" <e.d.andersen@its.tudelft.nl
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 12:01:14 +0100

Hi,

>This seems to be a / vs. \ problem: Did you specify
>C:/LOCAL/GSTOOLS/GS5.50 manually? It should read
>C:\LOCAL\GSTOOLS\GS5.50, whereever you have specified it.

This solved the problem i.e. changing the slashes. Thanks.

However, I still have problem which may be interesting.
I cannot get the latex2html to generate images. For example
images.pl is almost empty. Below is the config.log.

I suppose the problem is that pnmfile and ppmquant
cannot be located. One way solving this problem is to install
netpbm.

I did that and added it to the path, but latex2html keeps
on reading everything from the \texmf\miktex\bin
directory. Indepenent of the order of the directories in the
path.

So my question is. Is it possible to force latex2html to
read netpbm from a certain directory? Or is there another solution?

Erling

config.pl, Release 99.2beta5 (Revision 1.27)
Accompanies LaTeX2HTML, (C) 1999 GNU Public License.

checking for old config file (cfgcache.pm)... not found (ok)
checking for platform... MSWin32 (Windows 32 bit)
checking for C:\local\Perl\bin\perl.exe... C:\local\Perl\bin\perl.exe
checking perl version... 5.00503
checking if perl supports some dbm... yes
checking if perl globbing works... yes
checking for tex... C:\LOCAL\TEX\BIN\WIN32\tex.exe
checking for latex... C:\LOCAL\TEX\BIN\WIN32\latex.exe
checking for initex... C:\LOCAL\TEX\BIN\WIN32\initex.exe
checking for kpsewhich... C:\LOCAL\TEX\BIN\WIN32\kpsewhich.exe
checking for kpsewhich syntax... ok (style=1)
checking for TeX include path... /local/tex/texmf/tex\latex\latex2html
checking for dvips... C:\LOCAL\TEX\BIN\WIN32\dvips.exe
checking dvips version... 5.78
checking if dvips supports the combination of -E and -i -S 1... yes
checking for html4-check... no
checking for gswin32c... C:\LOCAL\GSTOOLS\GS5.50\gswin32c.exe
checking for ghostscript version... 5.50
checking for ghostscript portable bitmap device... pnmraw
checking for full color device for anti-aliasing... ppmraw
checking for ghostscript library and font paths... built-in paths are correct
checking for pnmcrop... C:\TEXMF\MIKTEX\BIN\pnmcrop.exe
checking if pnmcrop can crop from one direction... yes
checking for pnmflip... C:\TEXMF\MIKTEX\BIN\pnmflip.exe
checking for ppmquant... no
checking for pnmfile... no
checking for pnmcat... C:\TEXMF\MIKTEX\BIN\pnmcat.exe
checking for pbmmake... C:\TEXMF\MIKTEX\BIN\pbmmake.exe
checking for ppmtogif... C:\TEXMF\MIKTEX\BIN\ppmtogif.exe
checking if ppmtogif can make transparent GIFs... yes
checking if ppmtogif can make interlaced GIFs... yes
checking if multiple pipes work... no
Unfortunately multiple pipes are not reliable on this OS.
checking for temporary disk space... c:\windows\temp
creating cfgcache.pm
creating test.bat
creating install.bat
Note: Will install...
       ... executables to   : C:\local\latex2html\bin
       ... library items to : C:\local\latex2html

Erling D. Andersen

Office:                     Home:

TU Delft
Faculty of ITS
TWI/SSOR
Mekelweg 4                  Jacoba van Beierenlaan 219
2628 CD Delft               2613 JG, Delft
The Netherlands             The Netherlands

Phone(office): +31 (0)15 278 7272
Phone(home)  : +31 (0)15 213 8091
Fax(office)  : +31 (0)15 278 7255

E-mail: e.d.andersen@its.tudelft.nl