[l2h] Install problem under W95

Marek Rouchal Marek Rouchal <marek@gmx.net>
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 23:30:52 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Erling D. Andersen wrote:

> I am helping a friend with installing latex2html under Win95.
> When running config.bat I get the log file shown below.
>
> I do not understand why the ghostscript version cannot
> be determined. It seems capable of locating gswin32c.
>
> checking for gswin32c... C:/LOCAL/GSTOOLS/GS5.50\gswin32c.exe

This seems to be a / vs. \ problem: Did you specify
C:/LOCAL/GSTOOLS/GS5.50 manually? It should read
C:\LOCAL\GSTOOLS\GS5.50, whereever you have specified it.

The config procedure does not automatically turn all '/' into '\', while
for certain operations Perl silently accepts / on non-UNIX platforms, but
not for all. Therefore all paths that are manually specified must be
written in the correct OS-specific form (for now; I'll have a look at the
code whether it can be generalized to accepts both / and \ on Win32
platforms).

If this does not solve the problem, then please send me the output of

C:\LOCAL\GSTOOLS\GS5.50\gswin32c.exe -h

I'll have a look at it, maybe it is something exotic...

Hope this helps,

Marek

* Marek Rouchal <marek.rouchal@gmx.net>                            *
* !!! please use only this address, set in the Reply-To header !!! *