[l2h] Re: latex2html: frames, layout comments

Chris Fox Chris Fox <C.Fox@gold.ac.uk>
Tue, 25 May 1999 11:16:25 +0100

A cannot get the sub frame_naviation_panel definition in the .init
file to work either.  I need this to work so that I can remove a
redundant `content' button (I want the content frame displayed at all
times).  I have not seen a fix on the list.

Playing around a bit, in the version of Perl I have (5.004_05) it
seems that the last most definition of any sub takes precedence, even
if it is defined in a conditional context that should not be
executed.  The only way I can get customised navigation panels in the
intended way is to redefine sub frame_navigation_panel in frame.pl so
that it contains an appropriate conditional, rather than being
contained within a conditional, e.g. replacing:

if (! defined &frame_navigation_panel) {
    sub frame_navigation_panel {
        "$NEXT $UP $PREVIOUS $CONTENTS $INDEX $CUSTOM_BUTTONS";};};

by:

sub frame_navigation_panel {
   if (! defined &custom_frame_navigation_panel) {
      "$NEXT $UP $PREVIOUS $CONTENTS $INDEX $CUSTOM_BUTTONS";
   } else {
      &custom_frame_navigation_panel
   }
}

Then sub custom_frame_naviation_panel can be defined in the .init
file if required.  There is probably a more elegant way of doing
this, but it works for me.

Chris

--
Dr. Chris Fox,  Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences, Goldsmiths
College, New Cross, London SE14 6NW, UK.       Email: C.Fox@gold.ac.uk